You don't say whether or not you added the hole after you first ran a set of Gerbers. If you went back after generating a Gerber set, did you remember to generate a new aperture file that includes the hole definition? Try selecting the pinprick you mention and see what D code is assigned, then look to see how that D code is defined in the Protel aperture file.