At 02:41 PM 1/26/2004, Steve Smith wrote:
I just got a phone call from David Murphy of the Eng-Tips web site www.eng-tips.com .
He was asked by one of his members if he should start a Protel forum
and after talking it over with him for several minutes, concluded that
he should.

Now, I wonder, were the members aware of the existence of other Protel lists? I'm not clear on the need for a new list. The protel-users lists on yahoogroups were started when it became apparent that we needed some backup for the PEDA list, as well as specialized lists for various purposes. Altium started their own DXP list, a move that might or might not have been in the interests of users (I can see arguments both ways).

As long as users are aware of their options, a new list is not harmful. We are free to subscribe to all the lists, or one, or none. But cross-posting in a situation like this is ... rude ... unless there is an emergency. The main user-based support forum remains this list (PEDA).