You just gotta make sure they haven't already used it to upgrade.
Leon Fonstin

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Elson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 19 February 2004 6:05 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Protel 99SE for sale?

Robert Ritchey wrote:

> Hi,
> I am looking for a 99SE license.  Since I have not done this before, does
> anyone know what documentation Protel requires to prove to them I bought
> the license to qualify for future upgrades if we decide (its getting
> so expensive
> and so many features we really don't need I am not sure of this)?
> Thanks,

I bought an Advanced PCB for Windows and adv sch for windows licenses
from a guy in the Netherlands, and then contacted Protel (at the time)
with a copy of the guy's original license list (it had the serial numbers
and license keys on it, and a bill of sale with his and my addresses on
it, and that was all they required.  I was then able to use those
licenses to
upgrade to P99SE at a VERY substantial discount.  I would think the
same documents would be all they need for a straight license transfer.

Jon