This is kind of what I was trying to address in the DXP Forum with a post there,
before Nick stepped in and totally side-stepped the issue by telling me to go read a
link.

People keep calling Protel 2004 an "Upgrade".

With the exception of the "Nano-Board" stuff, it occurs to me that this is not a
real "Upgrade" in anything but name only, and that in respect to DXP Schematic and
DXP PCB that this is really nothing more than the long long overdue Realease of
"Service Pack 3".

This seems to be somewhat comparable to the "Upgrade" from Protel 99 Service Pack 2
to Protel 99 SE, which if I understand it correctly, was actually also called
Service Pack 3.

The problem here is that while I understand that the step from Protel 99 to Protel
99 SE actually was in fact a really big step, what we appear to have here is simply
some additional functionality, which you must pay for if you want, and which is
clearly additional to the basic DXP Package, but that with respect to the basic
Schematic and PCB Packaging part of DXP, we are only getting a Service Pack, and one
that really doesen't look like it really may have addressed all of the problems in
the "DXP Only" part of the package, based on what I am seeing here in the forums.

Respecting the issue of "too many trees" for Manuals, When I got my initial Release
of DXP, I got a manual that was just over 3/8" thick that was an absolute joke (I am
once again restraining myself to keep it clean here in the forum), that was totally
worthless, and very soon actually obsolete. I can accept the fact that Altium did
not want to print any manuals while they were trying to get their collective DXP act
together, but if they think that that time has come, and they have actually decided
to go ahead and print a "THICK manual" as Mike called it, then I do believe that
Altium "owes" one of these manuals to all of it's DXP customers, since it never
delivered a useable manual in the first place, and have been "begging off" giving
one to every DXP Licensee with various excuses over the last year and a half now.

Altium - If you have actually have printed a manual, then distribute it to the
people that you have been stalling for the last year and a half, irrespective of the
number of trees that it takes.

Respectively submitted,

JaMi Smith