On 01:22 PM 10/03/2004, Dom Bragge said:
When I saved a schematic library as an "Advanced schematic ascii
library (.asc)" [actually a text file with a .Lib!] the first three
lines read like this:

"
Protel for Windows - Schematic Library Editor Ascii File Version
1.2-2.0
29
  Organization
"

When I have played with ASCII format files I usually find I need to add something to the file (LIB in your case) within Protel and then look at the file and then add something more and compare the file.

At least one of the ASCII format files for one of the versions had a count (it was called a weight) in it. I can't recall if this was a simple line count (not including the headers) or if it was a little more complex than that.

What happens if you change the 29 to something else and try to re-load the lib?

Ian