On 07:07 AM 17/03/2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> [...]

FYI, PCAD has this feature and it seems to work quite well. As PCAD moves toward DXP (as I assume it will) I'd be surprised if it didn't show up in DXP.

Years ago I wrote a document and made it generally available to anyone that wanted to read it about how I would like process dependent footprints, automatically selected according to the layer they were on, rules for automatic solder thieves, wave orientation etc etc. I have no idea if anyone ever read it. I have no idea if it still exists.

It is certainly not a new request but maybe the processing power and the rules-driven systems of today would allow much more elaborate control like this sort of thing.

Ian