If you aren't interested in running protel under linux or freebsd, then read
no further...

If you are interested, or have done it, please read on.

I have got as far as getting protel99se installed using the latest version
of wine (20040309). However, when I try to run it, I get a runtime error
217, which apparently is a delphi error relating to an error before sysutils
is initialised. Has anyone managed to get any further?

Note this is a pre-sp6 install of protel99se; a post-sp6 install goes
straight to the debugger; whether that means it got further or not I am yet
to determine. Again, if anyone has managed to get any further I'd be most
interested, particularly which dlls you left builtin and which were used
from a windows install.

If anyone else is interested in how to get protel installed under wine,
email the list and if there's enough interest I'll post the method .

Cheers,
Matthew van de Werken - Electronics Engineer
CSIRO Exploration & Mining - Gravity Group
1 Technology Court - Pullenvale - Qld - 4069
ph:  (07) 3327 4685     fax:  (07) 3327 4455
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"If a religion is a system of thought containing unprovable statements, then
not only is mathematics a religion, but the only religion that can be proved
to be one"