From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 March 2004 03:34
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEDA] [OT] Protel 99SE under wine...

If you aren't interested in running protel under linux or freebsd, then read
no further...

If you are interested, or have done it, please read on.

I have got as far as getting protel99se installed using the latest version
of wine (20040309). However, when I try to run it, I get a runtime error
217, which apparently is a delphi error relating to an error before sysutils
is initialised. Has anyone managed to get any further?

Note this is a pre-sp6 install of protel99se; a post-sp6 install goes
straight to the debugger; whether that means it got further or not I am yet
to determine. Again, if anyone has managed to get any further I'd be most
interested, particularly which dlls you left builtin and which were used
from a windows install.

If anyone else is interested in how to get protel installed under wine,
email the list and if there's enough interest I'll post the method .

Cheers,
Matthew van de Werken - Electronics Engineer
CSIRO Exploration & Mining - Gravity Group
1 Technology Court - Pullenvale - Qld - 4069
ph:  (07) 3327 4685     fax:  (07) 3327 4455
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"If a religion is a system of thought containing unprovable statements, then
not only is mathematics a religion, but the only religion that can be proved
to be one"

You must not disclose, copy or rely on any part of this correspondence if
you are not the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error, please delete it from your system
and notify the System Administrator at Thales e-Security +44 (0)1844 201800
or mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]