Hi everybody.

I am facing the following problems in 99SE

1. I have designed a single sided PCB for a microcontroller programmer. It has a 7812
regulator chip which is to be soldered and also fitted to the PCB (using a small nut),
so that the PCB ground copper acts like a heat sink. To do this, I have placed a
rectangular copper fill with a hole in the center and aligning the hole with that of
the 7812 (TO220 package).To generate the hole I placed a pad(multilayer) and adjusted
its hole size to be equal to X-size and Y-size (all 100 mil).But when I generate a
print preview by using following settings, I do not see the hole in the copper fill.
The whole copper fill appears as black.
The settings I use are :

Include Top side
Include bottom side
Include double sides ........ all are selected(checked)

Show holes ......selected(checked)

Color set....... Black & White

The layers selected in the preview are
Bottom layer
Keepout layer
Multilayer

Can anybody help me to find the hole ?

2. My second problem is regarding libraries.
When I load a new schematic, is there any way to know the  library from where  each
component was taken by the designer of the schematic ? If you double-click on a
component , it shows the library reference,footprint etc.  but the library is not
known. Similarly in PCB editor, it shows the footprint etc. but the library is not
shown.

Thanks in advance.

Paresh Pai