From: "John A. Ross [Design]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] reg hole on PCB and library

That seems strange, your layer build up works OK for me, show drill hole
in preview.

Have you tried promoting the multilayer pad to the top of the list?

I tried the same thing using a fill on the top layer instead (I know you
do not us it) and had to promote the multilayer to the top before I
could see the hole for the 'tab'

Try moving the 'multilayer' layer to the top and have all other layers
below it.

> 2. My second problem is regarding libraries.
> When I load a new schematic, is there any way to know the
> library from where  each component was taken by the designer
> of the schematic ? If you double-click on a component , it
> shows the library reference,footprint etc.  but the library
> is not known. Similarly in PCB editor, it shows the footprint
> etc. but the library is not shown.

I have never had to do that so I do not know.

Working with multiple libraries with possibly same name parts is always
a bad idea.

However if you have concerns, you can create a separate project library
from the PCB and SCH For PCB it would be Design, Make Library. All
footprints currently active on your PCB will be merged into one library.

John