From: "Brian Guralnick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 11:23 AM
Subject: [PEDA] Data line transformers (was: Antenna coil)

My first test PCB printed with data line transformers is coming next month,
no electrical connection from A side to B side.  Is anybody interested?

Capabilities:
Get over 500 megabits from 1 side to the other.
Perfect phase clock drivers & inverters.

Great for isolating SPDIF/AC3/DTS audio signals, Ethernet line transformers,
cheaper & smaller than optocouplers, faster by a long shot, analog signal
mixers and more...

Slow speed signals need only a 2 layer PCB, high speed need 4 layer.  Also,
1 PCB to the next with gap sizes typically under .2 inch. (this is for super
high voltage separation, in the 5-50KV and above when PCBs edges are
coated.)

Brian Guralnick