At 11:38 AM 3/30/2004, edsi wrote:
I receive the DXP forom information but rarely post anything there. I dont like the idea that PRAVDA has control of what I want to say.

They have control, theoretically. In practice the DXP forum is not moderated. They allow criticism. Alleged extended flaming has in one case led to suspension of a member, I heard. I didn't see it, I was not following the DXP forum at the time. Suffice it to say that this was an unusual case!

(I think the forums should be user-controlled, all of them. Users, properly organized, will be just as hard on inappropriate behavior as would the company, maybe even harder. And if users decide to discipline a participant, according to due process, it would not reflect on the company. As a user, I want the company to participate in discussions, and I think it is reasonable that decorum be maintained. This means that ordinary criticism of the product, company policies, and the like would be allowed, as they are here and on the DXP list, but gratuitous attacks against the character of company employees and the like would not.)

They are listening ....trust me they are here. This way I can laugh and cry when I want

This forum, of course, is monitored by at least some Altium employees. At one time, it was also monitored by at least one executive of one of Altium's largest competitors. I know, because he wrote me.