That's good enough for me. I'll use them. My understanding is that in general:

1. They should be 1mm in diameter and have a clearance of at least 1mm around them.
2. They should go as close to each part as possible but need not have any specific or consistent distance from the parts.
3. They should be copper with no solder mask.
4. There should be some global fiducials.
5. Different assembly shops have differing needs/preferences.

Is this reasonable?  Thanks for your help.
Ray