A while ago there was a discussion about P2004 not doing much for PCB designers. This is a note on a small feature to those interested.

Something I find I am using more and more now is P2004's ability to save a view of the board (or Sch) to allow easy access - Altium called them Favourites - I would have called them something else like Saved Views but anyway (by the end of a design the area I have been working most in (so I am more likely to have saved as a view is likely to be anything but my "favourite" :-)

I have requested an extension of the facility so it save the layer setup as well as just the view bounds as this would improve the facility. There are also some things about dealing with the Favourites panel that could be improved - but there is an easy enough way around this particular problem.

I am surprised that someone hasn't written a P99SE server to do the same thing. It would be a useful add-on. It may even be able to be done as a P99SE script but I am not sure how you would sensibly save views and provide thumbnail rendering of the saved views and all that.

Ian