Leo

On the ones that you use the 'bar' or 'arrow' symbol for, the built in
one will place the net name below the bar anyway. The earth symbol will
not, which is a pain but I guess as earth should be earth it is not
necessary.

> There is no absolute _must_ to modify teh built-in symbols,
> but the ones I created have no electrical hotspot and tend to
> get off-grid when I move them around on the schematic...
> I _know_ that by making the pin 'visible' there will be a
> hotspot, but then it also wants a footprint and shows up on BOMs.....
>
> I know, I know, I'm just being silly here.....

Well I have had requirements a lot sillier than what you are asking for.

I guess what you are really after is the ability to place the power
symbol with the net name hidden and just use a single letter to indicate
the net it belongs too?

John