Ian

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2mempr.
mspx  ????

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=windowsxpsp2

Also a reply on the DXP forum from Altium

> snip <
Yes, we have tested DXP with XP SP2 and also XP 64-bit version. These
OS's display some problems, but only if you have a 64 bit machine. The
problems specifically are to do with scripts and VHDL simulation. These
problems should be resolved for the SP2 release.

Regards
David Wang,
Altium

> snip <

You can experience some problems if you're running DXP on Athlon64
machine with Windows XP SP2 installed.
We intend to fix these issues in SP2, till then there is an easy
workaround:

Right click on My Computer and select Properties. The "System
Properties" dialog opens. Switch to Advanced tab and click Perfomance
Settings.
"Perfomance Options" dialog comes up and the last tab on that dialog is
named Data Execution Prevention (DEP). There you can use Add button and
add DXP.EXE to the list of programs that are not affected by DEP.
That should fix it.

Best wishes,
Sergey Kostinsky
Altium