From: John A. Ross [Design] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 4:02 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] gold plating?

Bob

You could probably specify this on a spare mechanical layer and add it
to the top layer ident to make sure it gets noticed. On the print
preview you could merge these layers (in colour) to give a graphical
view of the where, why, when.

The plating, is it going to be immersion or hard gold? Both will need
masking of the rest of the board but because of the electrical
requirements of hard gold you might need to add some way of coupling the
nets together electrically (same idea as edge connector).

Any reason the board cannot be completely immersion gold? (if this one
part needs to be hard gold the anser does not matter as same issues
apply).

John