here is the link to the article by Mike re Electra tip

http://www.connecteda.com/doc/Autorouting%20Techniques.pdf

it is pretty interesting, exp the strategy re via to via spacing
rule

Dennis Saputelli

edsi wrote:

> Len
>
> I suspect you also typed route and walked away to drink your coffee while the board
> routed.  Was this after you used the autoplacement tools?  Take a deep breath, put
> you reading glasses on and read the article I wrote for Electra.   I have no vested
> interest in this with Electra, (unlike some others on this list).   If you follow
> the format I outlined, you will learn to use an autorouter.    I learned from a
> fellow named FRANK FRANK.  That is not a typo  that is his both his first and last
> names.     After attending numerous and useless canned demos and  seminars with
> Cadence,  Frank  opened my eyes on how to use autorouters.    Frank  has also
> endorsed this router.  I would have to say he is one of the foremost experts in
> autorouting I have ever met.   Please dont type route and walk away from the PC
> again, your boss might think you can be replaced with software.
>
> It is not a matter of free speech,   it is a matter of saying something that is
> totally wrong.   Doesnt any one have any integrity anymore?  The router works well.
>
> Mike Reagan

> From: "Leonard Gabrielson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date:  Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:55:01 -0700
>
> >So much for freedom of speech.
> >
> >I downloaded the Electra router, and really wanted to give it a fair shake.
> >I was very optimistic when I started, but it didn't take long to become
> >very, very disappointed.
> >
> >99SE is far superior.
> >
> >Len

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com