Hi guys,
        new job, new designs, new libraries, a whole lot of unknowns to me and I am
getting a problem that I have never previously seen in Protel.

        Placing components using a 5 mil grid, check component afterwards and it is
not on that 5 mil grid. There is a funny little grid variation by 0.001mils on every
part in this database but there are also some parts off of 5 mil grids by a fair
distance after placement. Yes I am using the Options "Snap to Center" checked.

Real example:
        Using the 5 mil component placement grid I place a component at coordinates
6200mil, 0mil. After placement I check the component properties and it reports that
the part is placed at coordinates 6146.501mil, -14.499mil.

        As a first step while I am waiting for any replies, I am going to ascii out
the database and ascii it back in, just to try and see if that fixes anything.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander,
PCB Designer.
Northern Airborne Technology