Roger,

I agree the ultimate router would be "set and forget" like the chicken oven they
advertise here in the states. But since a board aint no chicken, then routing becomes
interactive.   What I meant by  moving in and out was  selecting specific busses,
route, protect these lines, then perform the same on another set of busses.  Selecting
lines to route in order, you are essentially setting your  a routing priority....which
is what you do manually anyway.   I mentioned interactive routing in the article,   I
will add more to the "interactive" routing portions of the article.

When I route  large complicated boards, the actual routing time on  a 3 Gig PC  is
only a few hours,  which is insignificant to the amount of time I spend manually
fanning out, addressing power distribution, and setting up design rules in Protel.
Many of you out there have been screaming for a router that follows the design rules.
 This router follows the design rules from the native system,   If you set up your
design rules  CORRECTLY ,  ELECTRA will follow it.

An investment with either DXP04  or  99SE with ELECTRA and you could tackle any
design.  (almost any design,  I am pushing the folks at ELECTRA to throw in paired
wiring)    Thanks for the compliment,  and feel free to contact me offline if you wish
   I will be more than glad to help.   My only interest is better tools, and sharing
this knowledge with those that have educated me on this forum for the past few years,

Mike Reagan
EDSI    www.boarddesign.com
 Frederick MD