On Oct 10, 9:07 pm, "Kenton Varda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Looks like a bug to me.  Thanks for catching it.

No problem. The options stuff looks like it has some interesting
little corners. So far I've run into:

o This one
o A bootstrapping problem: I've tried to apply my options to
descriptor.proto so I can generate the classes. That leads to unknown
fields at descriptor-load time, which goes bang when the merging code
needs to get at a descriptor type :( I've got a workaround, but it's
horrible
o New dependencies on descriptor.proto and csharp_options.proto in
every file I generate from now on - I may need to manually remove the
dependency, but that's horrible too :(
o The NamePart name collision - I'd forgotten that even though
descriptor.proto is optimised for speed, it still generates the field
accessors, so it now needs to take account of the fact that the name
might have a collision...

It's been a long day... but I now have a generator of sorts. I'm
diffing against previous output to see how badly broken it is...

Jon