One of the major benefits of descriptor.proto, as I saw it, was that
we could get away from the hard-coded extra options as there are for
Java.

So, I've been trying to define my C# options as extensions to
FileOptions etc. However, I need to apply those options to
descriptor.proto itself, in order to get it to generate in the right
namespace etc. That leads to a recursive problem: csharp_options.proto
needs to import descriptor.proto in order to declare what it's
extending, and descriptor.proto needs to import csharp_options.proto
in order to apply those options.

Can anyone think of a way round this? At the moment I suspect I'm just
going to have to hard-code the namespace and class name into the
generator when it sees descriptor.proto, but that's really ugly...

Jon