On Dec 5, 6:48 pm, Kenton Varda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/downloads/list
> Hopefully less buggy than last time.  :)

Congrats :)

>   protoc

>   * Fixed bug where .proto files which use custom options but don't actually
>     define them (i.e. they import another .proto file defining the options)
>     had to explicitly import descriptor.proto.

Excellent. This should make it easier for users of my project. I'll
update some time next week, hopefully.

I'd still like some way of marking either an import or a .proto file
itself as "don't add as a dependency". The option support is a bit
unwieldy at the moment in terms of dependencies - if someone wants to
generate code for languages A, B and C, language A doesn't care about
the options for B and C, etc. Given that they're just options, they
can end up as uninterpreted options for languages which don't need
them - the relevant language would just need to explicitly register
their own extensions to pick up their options.

Does that make any sense? I feel I'm not explaining it terribly well.
This would have to be a change to protoc unfortunately as that's what
generates the list of dependencies.

>   Java
>   * New overload of mergeFrom() which parses a slice of a byte array instead
>     of the whole thing.

Ooh. I guess I need to port that over to the C# at some point...

Jon