Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question.  I have class A which I want to
serialize but equally want to add logic to it (which I cant today
because its generated). I was wondering if there was:

- An ability that if I created class of type B that extends A, where
no member variables of B would be serialized.
- Then provide the correct handling during serialization.

Basically B contains my business logic, A contains all the serialized
fields.

This technique is not unknown to a similar problem of object
relational mapping.

Currently it seems a little messy, we are either copying fields to and
from the serialized form into a richer object or using lots of
delegation, neither of which is that clean.

Best

ChRiS