Thanks Steve and Alek.  As I mentioned wrappers delegating access to a
containing class and simple copy to from a business class is what we
do today and its a mess, its error prone and its totally manual, am I
missing something?  Every new attribute needs to either have a few
lines more added to the business class to get and set its values.  In
a prior job I did use a system where persisted classes were generated
as *Base classes where you were expected to implement the * extending
*Base.  This worked very well and reduced maintainability.  I can of
course imagine that for languages that are not OO it would prove to be
a challenge (yes I dont use Python).

Thanks