Hi all,
I have a speed enhancement patch for wire_format.py (python), but I'm
not sure how to submit the enhancement.... It's not a defect, so it
shouldn't go in as an "Issue" right?

It's a very small change (17 lines) which provides a 2x-3x speedup for
the function.  I also have comparison test code that shows the new
version is equivalent to the old version of this function.

I can post the diff and testing function comparison code...

But I would appreciate knowing the best process to follow for
submitting a patch (especially speed enhancements, not just bugfixes).

Thanks!