Instead of changing everything that calls EXPECT_EQ on strings, can we
change the implementation of EXPECT_EQ itself so that doesn't trigger this
error?  For example, could it be overloaded with an explicit implementation
for non-const strings?
Any changes to gtest will have to be submitted back to the gtest project.
 Protocol Buffers ships with the verbatim gtest code -- we don't maintain
local modifications.