Thanks for your answers!

Just another ``trivial┬┤┬┤ question:
Let's assume that I've installed Protocol Buffers on my Windows(tm)
machine so that I'm able to generate language-specific stubs. I could
transfer them to the target system runnnig Solaris. Do the stubs still
depend on a protocol buffers "runtime"? I guess "yes", but maybe this
kind of stuff is managed thoroughly through native means offered by
the operating systems (?).

What I am primarily interested are bindings for Java and Perl.

Thanks
 Greg