On Aug 19, 12:41 am, Marc Gravell <marc.grav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is the root certificate (CA Cert Signing Authority) - it
> certainly isn't in my trusted set of root certificates...

IMHO, browsers should have a way to do things like ssh does.

 * Remember the certificate you got when you went go to a new site
 * When you go to a new site verify the site isn't trying to fool you
into thinking that it's not another site that you've visited
 * In the future, verify that whenever you go to that site you get the
same certificate you got the first time.