On Mar 15, 12:00 am, Steven Ong <stevenong2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Although the code was compiled by CSW gcc4, Sun's linker (from /usr/bin/ld)
> was invoked to link the compiled code. Apparently, there are incompatibility
> between the code compiled by gcc and the one that Sun's ld can take, hence,
> it unable to link...
>
> Hi Maciej,
>
> Have you ever run into this issue with CSW? How did you resolve it?

I didn't have to resolve this particular issue: I've compiled it with
Sun Studio 11.  I had different issues instead, for example the
compiler couldn't resolve which "map" to use and I had to explicitly
tell it that it's std::map.

Regarding the issue with va_list.h which you described later:

Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.9       Generic May 2002
mac...@current9s :~ > glocate va_list.h
/.SUNWnative/usr/include/sys/va_list.h
/usr/include/sys/va_list.h
mac...@current9s :~ > pkgchk -l -p /usr/include/sys/va_list.h
Pathname: /usr/include/sys/va_list.h
Type: regular file
Expected mode: 0644
Expected owner: root
Expected group: bin
Expected file size (bytes): 804
Expected sum(1) of contents: 2239
Expected last modification: Apr 06 21:12:47 2002
Referenced by the following packages:
        SUNWhea
Current status: installed

So I say you're missing SUNWhea.