I built everything with the same IDE, on the same day. Is anybody
using protobuf with Visual Studio 2008 Express? Then can't they just
send me a protobuf lib file that doesn't conflict with msvcprt.lib?
Isn't that all I need?

The ".sln" file supplied by Google is, I believe, made for VS2005,
isn't it? Which may (or may not) have caused the problem?

Excuse my ignorance but I'm not desperate to compile the lib myself, I
just want protobuf to work!!

So anybody who has ready-made files, or simple easy to follow steps of
what I should actually do next, is what I'm looking for.

Cheers,