Sorry, I got it working. I misunderstood your answer initially. Yes,
when I select the same runtime for both (i.e. project Properties -> C+
+ -> Code Generation -> Runtime Library) it works.

Thanks!

A better link, that accidentally caused me to realise what you meant
was http://cubicspot.blogspot.com/2007/06/solving-pesky-lnk2005-errors.html.
(Although I still don't know what a code generation runtime library
is).

:)