That looks great!

Now, is the jar going to be available on Maven soon?
As far as I can tell, the repo is a tad bit outdated:
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.google.protobuf/protobuf-java

Marc-André LAVERDIÈRE
"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and
complete, not lacking anything." -James 1:4
http://asimplediscipleslife.blogspot.com/
mlaverd.theunixplace.com