Hi all,

I would like to be able to serialize primitive types platform-
independently. I have hand-written Java data classes and I want to
serialize their primitive fields using a cross-platform framework.
These classes can not be generated, they must be written by hand,
additional code is generated based upon them. Also, serializing the
object as a whole isn't an option either, because the fields sometimes
have to be processed before serializing their values. I have to
serialize the fields separately. It must be made cross-platform
because the values will be stored in a database and they may be read
from other platforms. Creating wrapper PB-objects for each primitive
type is an overhead I must avoid because the operation will be done
very frequently and with large amounts of data.

I found that Protocol Buffers addresses cross-platform serialization
of objects, but I could not figure out how to use it as a
serialization framework for primitive types (without having
created .proto descriptors). Is it possible to use PB as a cross-
platform serializer-deserializer framework for primitive types?
Thanks,

Gabor Dicso