Good to hear somebody else is trying to do or has tried to do this. I have
defined hash/hash_map/hash_set in the section for the __BUILDERC__ (I named
it _CPPBUILDER but same thing).

Anyway I'm getting all sorts of E2238 errors (multiple declarations for
hash<Key> and hash_map, etc). I'm trying to make sense of these errors in
the context of protobuf. There errors first come when compiling
descriptor.cc, where the first thing it does is include hash.

In hopes of isolating the compile problem(s) I've taken the exact same hash
related declarations and created a separate project (outside of protobuf).
It builds fine in this case.

Might be a namespace issue. Not sure yet.