I'd be interested in getting this done.  I do want it merged in at some
point & this will only make it easier.  Since I did some of the translation
at work I'm talking to legal about getting the contributor license
agreement signed.  Free time is very rare though.

It might (not for sure, but just might) make sense to take the latest svn
branch and merge my code into that.  It took a couple iterations to get it
right so there are some commits that don't add anything in the end.  The
hardest thing I think was finding all the places strings should be bytes.
 I might have the time to do this in the next month or 2.
Thanks,
Charles