On Saturday, April 12, 2014 6:05:56 AM UTC+1, Ilya Kulakov wrote:

> What's the purpose of all these WIN32 ifdefs? I didn't have problems
> compiling protobuf for windows.

I was using my own project files where I was trying to avoid as many
"compatibility"-related defines as possible. For instance, by default
Windows uses _close rather than close. Using _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE (thanks
to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1563940/msvc-open-close-etc ) would
have been better than doing what I did. Perhaps an even better way would be
to convert most standard calls to win32-secure calls (such as fopen_s) when
building for win32.