Hello-

The Open Container Initiative is investigating use of protobuf for use for
filesystem and container metadata. Part of the goal is to make this
metadata signable. However, we learned that protobuf binary serialization
are not deterministic between
implementations:
https://groups.google.com/a/opencontainers.org/d/msg/dev/xo4SQ92aWJ8/ad1-xm9qCAAJ

Is there any hope of that being tackled in protobuf3 or there being at
least a mode to say "I really want the deterministic serialization"?

It isn't a huge blocker for us but it does mean the same spec serialized in
a python tool and java tool MAY be different which is a bit annoying.

Thank You,

Brandon