I am looking for the same kind of functionality.
Going JSON->Message without binary.
So a new function something like message->ParseFromJson(json)
Want the other way to go with a new function something like
MessageToJsonString(..,message,...)

For me, I am using .proto file like a JSON schema and parsing JSON sent
over the wire into message objects and vice-versa.
Easy access to JSON elements from the message objects.