I'm trying to make protocol buffers using the provided make file and
instructions for version 3.  I've followed the steps in the readme
instructions including "./configure".

When I issue the make command everything executes correctly until the
"ranlib .libs/librprotoc.a" command is issued.  The following error is
displayed:

g++.exe:
/home/DLewis/RTS3-PB/protobuf-3.0.0-beta-3/src/.libs/libprotobuf.dll.a: No
such file or directory

I check the directory and the file exists in that directory.

Has anyone else been able to build version 3 of protocol buffers using
cygwin on a Windows 7 PC?

The gcc version is 3.4.4.

Thanks,
Doug