Hi,

----- Original Message -----

Aha!  Yes, I see the problem now - if you are calling ssl_stub.c, that means
you haven't built against the OpenSSL library.   Proton uses OpenSSL for its
SSL implementation.  When you configure your Proton build, it looks for the
presence of the OpenSSL libraries on your system.  If they are not present, it
uses ssl_stub.c instead, which will not allow you to try to set up SSL
connections (since the OpenSSL libraries are not present).

What system are you trying to build your clients on?  OpenSSL is not supported
on Windows, btw, and Proton does not yet have support for SSL on windows - see
Cliff's previous email on this topic:

 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-581