On Fri, 2014-12-12 at 14:21 -0500, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> > ..
> > On the other hand I agree that merging from master just before merging
> > to master is irritating and pointless.
>
> The apache master can’t be rebased… Period!  Work as you wish in your topic
> branch, your master or whatever you choose… but be careful when you upload to
> apache/master.. once it’s there you can’t rollback.. unless you ask special
> privileges from Infra. If you ever need a push -f for a mistake or
> something.. you will need Infra to do it.

I think you are misinterpreting what I said (not that it matters, but it
is Friday) - merging from master doesn't imply any sort of rebasing. In
some recent merges to master there is an immediately previous merge from
master to the topic branch, that is what is unnecessary - because you
only need to merge to your local master then push that.

Andrew