On Mon, 2015-03-02 at 20:00 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 03/02/2015 07:07 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I'd like to propose spinning the first beta (or possibly just RC) for 0.9
> > sometime next week. We've been using alphas to get some early eyes on some
> > of the new APIs in this release. I think when Andrew's SASL work lands
> > there will be no remaining work for 0.9 in the category of major API
> > changes/improvements. That should hopefully put us in a position to quickly
> > test and stabilize things and get 0.9 out the door.
>
> The 0.9 release was originally scheduled for the end of 2014. We've had
> three alphas already. To me, its already too late in the cycle for
> 'major API changes/improvements'.
>
> As mentioned on the other thread, in my opinion it would be better to
> land Andrew's work during 0.10 allowing for less rushed review,
> evaluation and testing.

I'm happy to let the new API work be more carefully reviewed. The only
reason to me to get it in 0.9 is that 0.9 was intended to be a point for
API stability from then on. And the transport API is a significant
change in the engine API. Pushing it off means allowing 0.10 to break
API compatibility.

Andrew