Github user astitcher commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/pull/11#issuecomment-81887757

    I think you new pn_data_size() possibly has the wrong side effects - it
seems to lose the pn_data cursor position, so that merely querying the size
will be hard to intermix with appending to the pn_data. It is true that this is
not something the current code ever does does, but I think making the query
function have side effects (except caching the size itself perhaps) is
unexpected.

---
with INFRA.
---