On 07/06/2015 05:22 PM, aconway wrote:
On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 16:48 +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
On 07/06/2015 04:08 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
Any sort of missing class really should be a compile time
exception, which
I think means you must have stale class files *somewhere*. You
could try
doing a find checkout -name "*.class" just as a sanity check.

I have deleted all the .class files that are generated in the source
tree (and deleted the entire build directory).

The class files are rebuilt for ProtonJInterop, alongside those for
InteropTest and JythonTest in
./tests/target/test-classes/org/apache/qpid/proton/:

ProtonJInterop$1.class
ProtonJInterop.class
ProtonJInterop$Recv.class
ProtonJInterop$Send.class
ProtonJInterop$SendHandler.class

However the test run still reports that it cannot load these.

Also, it's
possible something in your local maven repo is somehow coming into
play,
maybe blow that away and rebuild it and/or do an mvn install to be
sure
that remove dependencies aren't out of sync with local code?

I removed everything I could find that was proton related from the
mvn
repository, but that didn't help.

Have you tried `rm -rf $HOME/.m2`?

I haven't. I was hoping to avoid that as then next time you invoke it, maven has to download half the interwebs.

Maven stuffs it with class files
from who-knows-where which can lurk for months or years before screwing
up builds in a brand-new checkout. I hate maven. (and cmake, and
automake. I'm not a bigot but you just can't trust build systems I'm
telling you!)

I don't like maven either, but if the build is able to get messed up by it in a way that mvn clean doesn't fix, then to me that suggests the build is a little broken somehow.