I've been doing some build tree maintenance in Proton and a couple of
issues have come up:

1. Is anyone using/have a reason to want to keep proton-dump? It's a
somewhat odd program that seems to have been a debugging tool left over
from the very earliest days of proton.

It uses the internals of the proton-c library so it can't be simply
linked in with the qpid-proton library without exposing internal
symbols.

For the present I've just linked it directly with the few c files that
provide the symbols it needs.

2. I'd like to move the minimum required CMake version to 2.8.7 - This
will allow me to tidy up a certain amount of the build system and also
provide a somewhat more featureful base version of CMake (currently we
support 2.6 onwards)

As far as I can tell:

Ubuntu12.04LTS: CMake 2.8.7 (version on regular TravisCI build)
RHEL6: CMake 2.8.12
Debian Wheezy (7): CMake 2.8.9
Fedora 22: CMake 3.4.1

Version of CMake on appveyor currently seems to be at least 3.3.2

So I don't think there should be a probelm for anyone with this change.

I'll wait for 3 days and if I don't hear anything from anyone, I'll
assume that no one wants to keep proton-dump and no one objects to
upping the minimum supported version of CMake.

Thanks

Andrew