On 29/02/16 14:56, Gordon Sim wrote:
On 28/02/16 15:59, Kai wrote:
I was trying to find some examples or documentation regarding how to use
SASL in Proton but did not find anything so far. Can you point me into
the
right direction? In particular I am interested in determining the
identity
of a client that has been authenticated as part of a TLS handshake (if
that's possible) ...

In the c api, pn_ssl_get_remote_subject() gets you the subject field of
the certificate. In python that is exposed as a remote_subject property
on the ssl object associated with the transport.

I'm not sure if/how the java api's offer the behaviour, anyone else able
to comment on that?

One thing to add/point out here is that proton can be used in different ways. One use is simply as a protocol engine, with bytes pumped in and out by an external io component. In that usage model, you would use java's built in support for SSL (as part of the io).