Hey all!

At the risk of sounding like I'm appropriating this thing, I would just
like to mention that I intend to tackle most of the To-Do for this
(which Andrew knows about) in the coming days.

I'll be very glad that people review the code in the meantime and smoke
out bugs or potential performance issues, but in order not to get uh-ohs
about stuff we *know* about, and in an attempt to avoid duplication of
effort, here is the To-Do, in its raw/insider form (it's all about PC =
pseudo-classes):

[JS = Selector.handlers (JavaScript as opposed to XPath).
 Pattern = Selector.patterns (regex analysis of the expression)
 XPath = Selector.xpath (XPath translations, handlers, etc.
 CHECK = Verify algorithmic correctness.
 IMPROVE = Add existing ideas for optimizations.
 TEST = Add tests, run them (I run at minimum on FF2 and Konq3.5)]

- PC/JS: IMPROVE by removing concats.  Benchmark.  Revert if negligible.
- PC/JS: TEST unique on multiple calls.  FIX expando removal if needed.
- PC/JS: IMPROVE attr ~= and |= (strings).  Benchmark.  Revert if
negligible.

- PC/XPath: FIX empty.  TEST.

- PC/XPath:   ADD (first|last)-of-type
- PC/Pattern: ADD (first|last)-of-type
- PC/JS:      ADD (first|last)-of-type.  TEST.

- PC/XPath:   ADD not
- PC/Pattern: ADD not
- PC/JS:      CHECK/IMPROVE not.  TEST.

Until here, I do intend to have it done by Thursday night.  I'll commit
the further steps of my work right on the SVN branch, so stay tuned.

- PC/XPath:   ADD nth[-last]-(child|of-type)
- PC/Pattern: ADD nth[-last]-(child|of-type)
- PC/JS:      CHECK/IMPROVE nth-child
- PC/JS:      ADD nth-[-last]-(child|of-type).  TEST.

I have very clear ideas on how to tackle this, but I may not have time
before the next week-end.

Cheers, and hurray for an upcoming kick-ass $$!

--
Christophe Porteneuve a.k.a. TDD
"[They] did not know it was impossible, so they did it." --Mark Twain