You may find my blog entry from last week to be interesting here:
http://www.someelement.com/2007/03/multiple-inheritance-with-prototypejs.html

As I state in the entry, I borrow from Kevin Lindsey's inheritance model,
but have made it work quite nicely with prototype, and honestly think it
would fit nicely into the core (keep Object.extend as is but add
Object.inherit)

--
Ryan Gahl
Application Development Consultant