Prototype has made my javascript experience much more enjoyable.
Thanks a lot for that.

I'd just like to report a small issue I encountered when trying to
upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.5.1. I suspect this is more likely to be an
issue from Firefox (2.0.0.3) script parser though.

I am using a web framework which automatically read up all *.js files
into the main page and place them into the following script block
(don't ask me why, I am only using that framework for research
purpose):

<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
//]]></script>

While it did all right for 1.5.0, it stopped at this line when reading
up prototype 1.5.1:
  ScriptFragment: '<script[^>]*>([\u0001-\uFFFF]*?)</script>',

Apparently, the browser mistook the closing script tag in the regex
with an actual closing one (because of the angle brackets). Is there a
quick fix at your (Prototype team) side to avoid it? If not, I will
just fall back to the previous version, which in my opinions still
does a wonderful job.